The state has five permanent air monitors near the Suncor refinery capable of providing information on air quality in the area. Since the last “operational upset” on Dec. 11, the state added three additional monitors to ensure public health.
The state provides hourly updates on the internet from its fixed site continuous monitors. Below is a list of the air monitor locations near the Suncor refinery, as well as information on how you can access each monitor’s data:
- The Adams County Municipal Building, 4201 E. 72nd Ave., listed as “Adams County Admin Building” at the link above.
- Welby, 3174 E. 78th Ave., listed as “Welby” at the link above.
- CAMP, 2015 Broadway, listed as “CAMP” at the link above.
- La Casa, 4587 Navajo St., listed as “La Casa” at the link above.
- I25 Globeville, 4905 Acoma St., listed as “I-25 Globeville” at the link above.
We do not have real-time data for the following temporary monitors that we installed after the “operational upset” on Dec. 11:
- The Denver Metro Wastewater Reclamation building at 6450 York Street (northwest of the refinery).
- The South Adams County Water and Sanitation water tank on 64th Street east of Colorado Boulevard (north of the refinery).
- The South Adams County Water and Sanitation water tank at 56th and Niagara (southeast of the refinery).