On June 2, 2022 HB22-1244 relating to Public Protections from Toxic Air Contaminants was signed into law. This law creates a new program in CDPHE to regulate toxic air contaminants.
Key elements of the bill include:
- the creation of an air toxics monitoring program;
- a requirement for certain sources to submit annual toxic air contaminant emission reports; and
- a requirement for the Air Pollution Control Division to conduct a needs assessment for administration of an air toxics permitting program.
The bill also directs the Air Quality Control Commission to:
- Evaluate gaps in air toxics reporting and consider revisions to an air toxics reporting program;
- Identify priority air toxics; for each priority pollutant:
- Establish health-based standards for General Assembly Approval; and
- Develop emission control regulations.
Revised Toxic Air Contaminant (TAC) List (December 2023)
HB22-1244 required APCD to post an initial list of covered toxic air contaminants by October 1st, 2022. The latest list of Toxic Air Contaminants can be found here: