We're creating a healthy and sustainable Colorado where current and future generations thrive.
Perks at CDPHE
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Health and dental insurance coverage.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts.
- Employee resource groups.
- Professional and career development programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Free onsite parking.
- Health, dental, and life insurance.
- Public employees' Retirement Association (PERA) retirement.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Paid parental/volunteer leave.
- Employee Wellness Program.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Onsite bike lockers and employee locker rooms.
Many academic programs require experience working in a related field as part of a degree. The department is a great place to gain the experience you need to advance your career. We support students with varying levels of education to find experiential learning opportunities at the department.
Tips for securing an internship
• Be specific about your interests.
• Reference the student opportunity project title.
• Tell us the timeline and any deadlines for your internship.
• Summarize the requirements of your program.
• Cover letter and resume should be no longer than one page each.
• Cover letter narrative should align with the project you are applying for.
• Be professional, check your spelling and punctuation.
We offer a mentorship program to help you grow your skills and achieve your professional goals. Mentors are subject matter experts who will introduce to you the values, skills, and knowledge to thrive.