Welcome to the Permits Section web page. We issue permits for discharges
of pollution to waters of the state, including groundwater. Our job is to
ensure that the permits we write and issue are protective of the uses of
those waters, like drinking water, aquatic life, agriculture, and recreation.
Here is a quick overview of how permits work in Colorado.
Commerce and industry, construction, municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4), sewage systems, biosolids, pesticides, reclaimed water, and pretreatment, compliance and guidance, enforcement and contacts.
Links to Permitting Resources and References
More permitting resources and references can be found along the left-hand navigation bar.
Water and COVID-19 - Frequently Asked Questions - Answers to frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 and water supplies.
Documents electronic library - Public access to permit documents.
Most requested forms - Includes annual reports, change of contacts, transfers , modifications, operator in responsible charge report,supplements,termination application and withdrawal forms.
CEOS - Colorado Environmental Online Services - This portal is used to obtain coverage under the COR400000 construction stormwater general permit and the general permits for dewatering and well development.
- Enter longitude first (include -), then space, then latitude (e.g., -104.123456 39.123456).
- If response is "no information available," refresh map.
- Water Body ID explanation of stream segment eight character description shown in ARC GIS.
- Map of outstanding waters for Colorado (2016).
- Reclaimed water (reuse) stakeholders - (Regulation 84).
Stakeholder page for information on the edible crops and hemp discussions.
- Water quality control division permits webinar
Stakeholder page for quarterly webinars for its CDPS permittees.
- Non-extractive industrial stormwater general permit.
Stakeholder page for renewal information.
- Suncor Water Quality Permits.
Stakeholder page with information about current Suncor refinery water quality permits and upcoming renewal process.