Oil & Gas
Each oil and gas midstream segment owner or operator must participate in this program to reduce GHG emissisons from midstream fuel combustion equipment. (Reg. 22, Part B, Section III)
Regulation No. 7
Approved Instrument Monitoring Method (AIMM)
Part D, Section I.F.3: Storage Tank Control Strategy
Part D, Section I.H.6: Glycol dehydrators
Part D, Section II: Alternative Emissions Control Devices
Part D, Section II.B.2.h: ECD Performance Testing
- Standard ECD Protocol
- Notifications required by II.B.2.h.(iii)(A) due July 31, 2022:
- Use either:
- Only ECDs that commenced operation before December 31, 2021 (and are subject to II.B.2.h.) need to be included in this notification.
Part D, Section II.C: Storage Tank Emissions Management (STEM)
Part D, Section II.E.4.f.: Alternative inspection frequency
- Automatic Pressure Management and Pilot Light Systems (APMPLS)
- An optional program for owners or operators of well production facilities, to qualify well production facilities for a potentially less-frequent LDAR inspection schedule requirement as provided by Regulation No. 7, Part D, Section II.E.4.f.
Part D, Section II.G: Well Liquid Unloading, Downhole Well Maintenance, and Well Plugging Activities
- Refer to Section 2.3 of FAQ Volume 1 for December 2021 Revisions to Regulations 7 and 22.
- File notification of excess water infiltration due to hydraulic fracturing per Regulation No. 7, Part D, Section II.G.1.d.(iii)
Part D, Section IV: Natural Gas Transmission and Storage Segment
Part D, Section V: Oil and Natural Gas Annual Emissions Inventory Reporting
Part D, Section VI: Oil and Natural Gas Pre-Production and Early Production Operations
Pre-production and early production operations air quality monitoring
Pre-production and early production operations air quality monitoring, approved plans (Public Onbase records)
Part E, Section I.D.5.b - Large Engines
Part D, Section III.C.4 - Pneumatics Reporting
- Guidance document
- Well Production Facility Pneumatic Controller Form
- Compressor Station Pneumatic Controller Form
- Pneumatic Controllers on Temporary/Portable Equipment Report Form
- Annual Wellhead Pneumatics AIMM/AVO Inspection Delay Form
Stakeholder process to assess the maintenance and use of pneumatic controllers in the oil and natural gas industry
Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR)
Regulatory Updates Guidance
2019 Revisions to Regulation No. 3 and 7
- Oil & Gas Emissions and Permitting & APEN Fact Sheet.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 1.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 2.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 3.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 4.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 5