Oil & Gas
Each oil and gas midstream segment owner or operator must participate in this program to develop a plan to reduce GHG emissions from midstream fuel combustion equipment. (Reg. 7, Part B, Section VII). Rulemaking in late 2024.
Regulation No. 7
Approved Instrument Monitoring Method (AIMM)
Part B, Section I.F.3: Storage Tank Control Strategy
Part B, Section I.H.6: Glycol dehydrators
Part B, Section II.: Control Equipment
- Alternative Emissions Control Device Request Form.
- PS Memo 15-03 Air Pollution Control Equipment Requirements.
Part B, Section II.B.2.h: ECD Performance Testing
- Standard ECD Protocol
- Notifications required by II.B.2.h.(iii)(A) due July 31, 2022:
- Use either:
- Only ECDs that commenced operation before December 31, 2021 (and are subject to II.B.2.h.) need to be included in this notification.
- OTM 52 Outlet Only Testing Protocol
Part B, Section II.C: Storage Tank Emissions Management (STEM)
Part B, Section II.E.4.f.: Alternative inspection frequency
- Automatic Pressure Management and Pilot Light Systems (APMPLS)
- An optional program for owners or operators of well production facilities, to qualify well production facilities for a potentially less-frequent LDAR inspection schedule requirement as provided by Regulation No. 7, Part B, Section II.E.4.f.
Part B, Section II.G: Well Liquid Unloading, Downhole Well Maintenance, and Well Plugging Activities
- Refer to Section 2.3 of FAQ Volume 1 for December 2021 Revisions to Regulations 7 and 22.
- File a notification of excess water infiltration due to hydraulic fracturing per Regulation No. 7, Part B, Section II.G.1.d.(iii)
Part B, Section IV: Natural Gas Transmission and Storage Segment
Part B, Section V: Oil and Natural Gas Annual Emissions Inventory Reporting
Part B, Section VI: Oil and Natural Gas Pre-Production and Early Production Operations
Pre-production and early production operations air quality monitoring
Pre-production and early production operations air quality monitoring, approved plans (Public Onbase records)
Part B, Section VII: GHGs from Midstream Fuel Combustion Equipment
Part B, Section VIII.E: Upstream Intensity Operator Greenhouse Gas Intensity Plans
Part B, Section III.C.4 - Pneumatics Reporting
- Guidance document
- Well Production Facility Pneumatic Controller Form
- Compressor Station Pneumatic Controller Form
- Pneumatic Controllers on Temporary/Portable Equipment Report Form
- Annual Wellhead Pneumatics AIMM/AVO Inspection Delay Form
Stakeholder process to assess the maintenance and use of pneumatic controllers in the oil and natural gas industry
Regulation No. 26, Part B, Section I.D.5.b - Large Engines
Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR)
Regulatory Updates Guidance
2021 Revisions to Regulation No. 7 and Regulation No. 22
Note: Effective June 2023, Regulation No. 22 Part B Sections III and IV were moved to Regulation No. 7, Part B, Sections VII and VIII, respectively.
2019 Revisions to Regulation No. 3 and 7
- Oil & Gas Emissions and Permitting & APEN Fact Sheet.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 1.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 2.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 3.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 4.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 5