Oil & Gas
Storage tank and vapor control system guidelines
Guidelines for design, operation, and maintenance of vapor control systems at oil and gas facilities.
Oil & gas operating and maintenance plans
Forms and guidance for O&M plans for equipment at oil & gas facilities.
Midstream Steering Committee
Each oil and gas midstream segment owner or operator must participate in this program to reduce GHG emissisons from midstream fuel combustion equipment. (Reg. 22, Part B, Section III)
Regulation No. 7
Approved Instrument Monitoring Method (AIMM)
Part D, Section I.F.3: Storage Tank Control Strategy
Part D, Section I.H.6: Glycol dehydrators
Part D, Section II: Alternative Emissions Control Devices
- Request Form.
- PS Memo 15-03 Air Pollution Control Equipment Requirements.
Part D, Section II.B.2.h: ECD Performance Testing
- Standard ECD Protocol
- Notifications required by II.B.2.h.(iii)(A) due July 31, 2022:
- Use either:
- Notification Form, or
- Spreadsheet-based version of Notification Form (do not modify column order; email completed version in .xlsx format to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Only ECDs that commenced operation before December 31, 2021 (and are subject to II.B.2.h.) need to be included in this notification.
- Use either:
Part D, Section II.C: Storage Tank Emissions Management (STEM)
- STEM plan template.
- PS Memo 15-01 Oil & Gas STEM Plan Requirements.
Part D, Section II.E.4.f.: Alternative inspection frequency
- Automatic Pressure Management and Pilot Light Systems (APMPLS)
- An optional program for owners or operators of well production facilities, to qualify well production facilities for a potentially less-frequent LDAR inspection schedule requirement as provided by Regulation No. 7, Part D, Section II.E.4.f.
Part D, Section II.G: Well Liquid Unloading, Downhole Well Maintenance, and Well Plugging Activities
- Refer to Section 2.3 of FAQ Volume 1 for December 2021 Revisions to Regulations 7 and 22.
- File notification of excess water infiltration due to hydraulic fracturing per Regulation No. 7, Part D, Section II.G.1.d.(iii)
Part D, Section IV: Natural Gas Transmission and Storage Segment
Part D, Section V: Oil and Natural Gas Annual Emissions Inventory Reporting
Part D, Section VI: Oil and Natural Gas Pre-Production and Early Production Operations
Pre-production and early production operations air quality monitoring
Pre-production and early production operations air quality monitoring, approved plans (Public Onbase records)
Part E, Section I.D.5.b - Large Engines
Part D, Section III.C.4 - Pneumatics Reporting
- Guidance document
- Well Production Facility Pneumatic Controller Form
- Compressor Station Pneumatic Controller Form
- Pneumatic Controllers on Temporary/Portable Equipment Report Form
- Annual Wellhead Pneumatics AIMM/AVO Inspection Delay Form
Pneumatic Controllers Task Force
Stakeholder process to assess the maintenance and use of pneumatic controllers in the oil and natural gas industry
Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR)
- PS Memo 14-04 LDAR and open-ended valves and line requirements.
- March 2021 LDAR Training slides.
Visible Emissions Observations
Method 9 Observation Form.
Visible emission opacity test, which requires observer certification.
Method 22 Alternative.
Memo about performing visible emissions observations.
Method 22 Observation Form.
Visible emission test.
- Opacity and stack testing firms.
Regulatory Updates Guidance
2021 Revisions to Regulation No. 7 and Regulation No. 22
2019 Revisions to Regulation No. 3 and 7
- Oil & Gas Emissions and Permitting & APEN Fact Sheet.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 1.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 2.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 3.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 4.
- December 2019 Regulation 3 and 7 - FAQ, Volume 5
2014 Changes to Regulation Nos. 3, 6, and 7
- Frequently Asked Questions: Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3.
- PS Memo 14-01 Regulation No. 3 Changes.
- Fact sheet: Regulation Nos. 3, 6 and 7.
Optical Gas Imaging Infrared (IR) Camera Inspection Program
IR camera inpection pilot project assessment (July 2016)
Two-year project using optical gas imaging infrared cameras to identify and address sources of emission leaks and venting.
IR camera inspection program updated assessment (March 2019)
Noble Energy consent decree
Settlement between Noble Energy, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, effective June 2, 2015.