The voluntary nature of NPS pollution management relies on an incentive-based approach with an emphasis on information/educational campaigns to increase NPS pollution awareness. This page contains a variety of educational resources as well as information on funding for education and outreach through our NPS Mini Grant Program.
NPS Mini Grant Program
More information on the NPS Mini Grant Program is available here.
Additional resources by topic are available below:
Abandoned Mine Lands (AML)
- Abandoned Mine Lands Information Hub on eRAMS.
- Colorado Abandoned Mines Water Quality Study (2017).
- CDPHE’s Mine Impacted Streams Task Force (MISTF).
- Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety’s Inactive Mine Reclamation Program .
Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Colorado’s Department of Agriculture (CDA) BMP Guidelines.
- Best Management Practices for Colorado Resources.
- Colorado Wetland Information Center’s Wetland BMPs .
- International Stormwater BMP Database and Agricultural BMP Database .
Forest Health and Watershed Health
- Rocky Mountain Restoration Initiative (RMRI).
- USDA Forest Service’s Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP) and the Front Range CLFRP.
- Nutrients Management Control Regulation (Regulation 85).
- Colorado State University’s Nutrients and Water Quality resource page.
- Colorado State University’s Reg. 85 Outreach.
- After the Disaster Guidebook .
- After the Fire Resources.
- Colorado Post-Fire Recovery Playbook.
- Wildfire Restoration Handbook.
2007 Public Opinions on Water Quality Issues.
2014 Public Opinions on Water Quality Issues and 2015 Focus Groups.
- Survey Report
- Survey Fact Sheet
- 2014 Survey Raw Data
- 2015 Focus Groups Report
- 2014-2015 Survey and Focus Groups Findings
2021 Water Quality Public Perceptions Survey and Focus Groups.
- Survey Report
- 2021 Survey Raw Data
- 2021 Survey/Focus Groups Presentation to CDPHE
- Informational Videos by Topic