Lead and Copper Rule Revisions (LCRR)
On December 16, 2021, EPA finalized the Lead and Copper Rule Revisions (LCRR), which further strengthen the protections against lead in drinking water. The LCRR has a number of new requirements for water systems. The department has created forms and guidance below to assist water systems with complying with the upcoming LCRR requirements.
Please be aware that water systems must continue to comply with the current LCR requirements until the LCRR goes into effect on October 16, 2024.
- Getting Ready for the Lead and Copper Rule Revisions
- WQCD stakeholder engagement related to LCRR Rulemaking
- EPA Lead and Copper Rule Revisions Page
- Lead service line inventories and replacement
- Lead Service Line Inventory and Replacement Plan Requirements/FAQ
- Service line material identification guide
- EPA Guidance for Developing and Maintaining a Service Line Inventory
- Lead Service Line Inventory summary form required to be completed by ALL community and NTNC water systems.
- Lead Service Line Inventory details form required to be completed by community and NTNC systems with lead and/or "galvanized requiring replacement" service lines.
- Lead Service Line Replacement Plan form required to be completed by systems with lead, "galvanized requiring replacement", and/or lead status unknown service lines.
Lead and Copper Rule (LCR)
- Sample site locations and materials survey
Sample collection and results
Action level exceedance
Consumer notice of lead tap water results
- Request reduction from 6-month to annual monitoring.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- Materials evaluation and sample pool guidance.
- Adding or updating sample sites on portal.
- Lead and copper sample collection instructions.
- Lead and Copper Corrosion Bench-Scale Testing Guidance Manual.
- EPA lead and copper rule guidance, templates and announcements.
- EPA guidance manual for selecting lead and copper control strategies.
- Aqua Talk newsletter.
- Reporting sample results email November, 2016.
- Additional samples email November, 2016.
- Consumer notice email November, 2016.
- Monitoring requirements email October, 2016.
- Clarification of invalidation email.
- Outreach to systems about sample sites and materials July, 2016.
- Message to laboratories and systems about lead and copper sampling guidance.
- EPA lead and copper letter to Colorado.
- Colorado lead and copper response to EPA.