The source water program supported a diverse stakeholder effort (federal/state agencies, water providers and others) to develop the Protecting Critical Watersheds in Colorado from Wildfire technical assessment. This assessment approach is strongly encouraged during the source water protection planning process to provide a consistent baseline analysis of wildfire risks. The following links are wildfire protection resources to investigate:
- Protecting Critical Watersheds in Colorado From Wildfire: A Technical Approach to Watershed Assessment and Prioritization (executive summary, February 2009).
- Protecting Critical Watersheds in Colorado: A Technical Approach to Watershed Assessment and Prioritization.
- Critical Community Watershed Wildfire Protection Plans (CWP) 2 Guidelines for Implementation.
- CWP 2 Development and Implementation Strategy Summary.
- A Comparison of Critical Community Watershed Wildfire Protection Plans (CWP) and Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPPs) Matrix.
- Watershed assessments update.