Skip to main content
Current SWAP progress based on EPA's 2018 Performance Accountability Report.
Statewide source water protection planning initiatives
- We intend to continue work with counties and public water systems to enter into memos of understanding (MOU)to enhance protection planning implementation on the local level.
- The following water providers have signed MOU agreements with their perspective county governments.
- Parkville Water District: Lake County.
- City of Canon City: Fremont County.
- Denver Water Board: Park, Douglas, and Jefferson Counties.
- We have been working with Colorado Counties Inc. (CCI), Colorado Municipal League (CML) American Planning Association(APA), Special Districts Association (SDA), Department of Local Affairs (DOLA), Denver Water, and multiple counties (Arapahoe, Douglas) to integrate source water planning and municipal/local land use planning.
- We are in the process of building an external web viewer to increase the public and agency awareness of statewide source water protection planning efforts.
- We are working with the Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative, Coalition for the Upper South Platte, United State Forest Service, Colorado Rural Water Association, public water systems and others on Wildfire Decision Support System (WFDSS) work to identify critical water system infrastructure for wildfire protection data format submittal requirements.