Recorded air quality advisory hotline
Restrictions apply November-March
- The graphic above shows expected air quality conditions for metro Denver.
- During the winter high pollution season (November-March), the graphic indicates whether an air quality Action Day is in effect. During an air quality Action Day, indoor burning is restricted in the seven metro Denver counties:
- Areas west of Kiowa Creek in Adams and Arapahoe counties.
A wood burning device is exempt from burning restrictions if any of the following are true:
- Device is on a list of certified or approved indoor burning equipment:
- Device is located above 7,000 feet.
- Device is not certified or approved, but indoor burning is the primary source of heat and an exemption letter has been issued from the state or local jurisdiction.