Secure transportation licensing
The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) began enrollment in the behavioral health secure transportation benefit on July 1, 2023. Licensed ground ambulance agencies are exempt from additional secure transportation licensing requirements and eligible to receive reimbursement if all the requirements of 6 CCR 1011-4 are met.
Licensed ground ambulance agencies must update their organizational profile in OATH to notify the Department that their agency is providing behavioral health secure transportation and submitting yearly data. If you have any questions regarding reimbursement, visit HCPF’s website at https://hcpf.colorado.gov/securetransport. More information about updating organizational profiles can be found here.
Data collection and reporting
Beginning in 2024, all secure transportation services in Colorado are required to provide the Department with data on utilization of their service by March 1st for the previous calendar year (6 CCR 1011-4, Part 6).
Steps to submit data
- Download the secure transportation data collection tool here.
- Input all service data into the tool.
- Each client should be entered on a unique row.
- Every column must be completed for all clients.
- Additional information on the required variables can be found in the secure transportation data dictionary here.
- Submit completed data via encrypted email:
- Navigate to: https://securemail.state.co.us/securereader/init.jsf?brand=7dad83d6
- Create a password for your email encryption account
- Click ‘New Message’
- Address the message to email@example.com
- Attach the completed secure transportation data collection tool
- Click ‘Send’