Colorado EMS and EMR education programs must become recognized by the department. Applications for recognition must be submitted via the Online Application Tracking Hub (OATH). Education program recognition requires the program designate an EMS Education Program Gatekeeper that will submit the recognition application. Initial applicants must call the EMS Operations Specialist at 303-692-2995 to have the recognition application pushed to their OATH account.
EMS education recognition must be applied for every 2 years after the program is initially recognized.
Education and training resources
- Colorado education standards for recognition of centers
- Colorado education standards for recognition of groups
- Required CE categories and hours listing
- EMS instructor course curriculum
- Colorado IV/IO therapy and medication administration course curriculum
- National emergency medical services education standards
- National educational standards compared with Colorado scope of practice
- Colorado medical direction and scope of practice waivers
- Information for EMS providers