Register as an EMS medical director
EMS medical directors must register for each EMS agency they oversee. To register, medical directors must create or use an existing OATH account.
Steps to register as a medical director
- Create an OATH account. If the medical director already has an OATH account they must use their current account.
- Click on 'Applications' on the left-menu.
- Click the 'View my Applications' button next to your name.
- Find the "Medical Director Registration" form.
- Complete the application form and submit it for review.
Once the registration application is reviewed, the director will be added to the agencies that were selected in the application. EMS medical directors must renew their registration annually.
Use the above process to also:
- Renew the medical direction registration.
- Add EMS agencies that you oversee.
- Remove yourself as medical director from agencies that you no longer provider direction.
- Ketamine waiver guidance document
- Adult RSI waiver guidance
- Pediatric RSI waiver guidance
- Guide for preparing medical directors.
- IAFC Handbook for EMS Medical Directors
- Medical directors continuous quality improvement program(including protocols)
- Educational standards comparison with Colorado scope of practice
- IM epinephrine and vasopressor scope of practice clarification document
- Frequently requested information