Radioactive materials unit

Radioactive materials unit

You must get a license from us before obtaining radioactive material including byproduct, source, and special nuclear material. Radioactive materials are used for many purposes in medical, research, and industrial applications. 

Possession, use, and generation of certain TENORM materials may require licensing or registration by the department. Licensing or registering radioactive materials ensures that they are used, stored, and disposed of safely and in accordance with the radiation control regulations.

For more information on getting or updating a specific license, obtaining reciprocity for out of state licensees, or registering or updating a generally licensed device, select one of the blue boxes below. 

Emergency reporting

To report an incident or emergency involving radioactive materials, contact the on-call duty officer at 303-877-9757.

Contacts for non-emergency questions