Technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive materials (TENORM)
Review TENORM residual management and regulatory limits from other states.
Prepare a report that considers background radiation levels in the state, waste stream identification and quantification, use and disposal practices, current engineering practices, appropriate test methods, economic impacts and data gaps.
- Part 20 TENORM rulemaking
- Part 20 TENORM guidance development
- Dose assessment and modelling in support of 6 CCR 1007-1 Part 20
- Senate Bill 18-245: TENORM report and summary of regulatory development and stakeholder process (A PDF Portfolio; download and open with Adobe to view)
- Final TENORM report
- Public comments to the draft TENORM report. (This is a PDF portfolio, please download to view)
- CDPHE comments to the draft TENORM report
Information from past stakeholder meetings
July 11, 2018 meeting PowerPoint presentation
September 20, 2018 meeting PowerPoint presentation
Sept. 25, 2018 meeting PowerPoint presentation
May 26, 2020 PowerPoint presentation
Review and discussion of draft B.
July 27, 2020 PowerPoint presentation - draft B
July 27, 2020 PowerPoint presentation - guidance development
For questions regarding solid waste-related aspects of TENORM management.
Solid Waste Permitting Unit
For questions regarding radiological characteristics of TENORM management or the application of our “Interim Policy and Guidance Pending Rulemaking for the Control and Disposition of Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials in Colorado.”
Radioactive Materials Unit