The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is developing guidance for implementation of 6 CCR 1007-1 Part 20 – Registration and Licensing of Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (TENORM). Part 20 became effective on January 14, 2021 and enforceable on July 14, 2022. The guidance will include, at a minimum, the following topics:
- General guidance: revision 3/13/2023.
- Addendum A: TENORM Characterization: revision 3/13/2023.
- Addendum B: Site-specific Background Determination revision 5/9/2022.
- Addendum C: Employee Training revision 7/5/2022.
Draft Pipe characterization guidance and tools for comment:
- Draft Addendum D for pipe characterization.
- Draft pipe survey flow chart.
- Draft pipe characterization spreadsheet calculator.
Monthly public forums will be discontinued beginning September 2023. Public forums will occur on an as-needed basis for relaying Part 20 news, changes, or other important topics.
Information for those meetings will be posted below as well as sent out through our existing email notification system (signup available below).
If you have any questions regarding Part 20 in the meantime, please review the information and FAQ available in our guidance documents above or contact Maggie Schnettler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feedback from these forums will be incorporated into the TENORM frequently asked questions page.
SW-846 data evaluation (An Excel spreadsheet; please download and open with Excel to review)
This spreadsheet allows an entity to enter in TENORM concentration data to determine the upper confidence limit of the data and number of samples needed to demonstrate compliance with regulatory limits or other thresholds.
SW-846 data evaluation - expanded version to accommodate up 250 sample results (An Excel spreadsheet; please download and open with Excel to review)
Site specific background determination (An Excel spreadsheet; please download and open with Excel to review)
This spreadsheet allows an entity to enter in TENORM concentration data to determine an adequate site specific background.