About vital statistics
- Assess Colorado’s health status.
- Track events of public health importance.
- Define public health priorities.
- Evaluate programs.
- Facilitate public health research.
These data are also shared with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where data from around the country are combined to support similar activities at the national level.
- Analyze and disseminate timely, complete and high-quality vital statistics data.
- Transform data into products and information that drive evidence-based decisions.
- Help translate data into meaningful information and action.
- Assist with disease, injury, and violence prevention.
- Support maternal and child health activities.
- Inform policy and health promotion efforts.
- Improve the health and lives of all Coloradans.
State and county birth and death summary tables. To view county summary data, click on a county. Then click on "2021 Colorado County Report" in the panel that appears. You can view the Colorado statewide report here.
HealthWatch No. 118: Drug Overdose Deaths in Colorado: Final Data for 2010-2020.
HealthWatch No. 106: Drug Overdose Deaths in Colorado-Final Data for 1999-2017.
HealthWatch No. 100: Examining opioid and heroin-related drug overdose in Colorado.
HealthWatch No. 85: Unintentional poisoning deaths in Colorado, 2000-2010.
HealthWatch No. 82: Estimates of life expectancy and healthy life expectancy in Colorado.
HealthWatch No. 81: Cesarean section deliveries and inductions of labor in Colorado: An analysis of current trends and demographics.
HealthWatch No. 66: Infant mortality in Colorado: trends, disparities, and current research.
HealthWatch No. 68: Colorado’s population and vital statistics: recent innovations and recommendations.
- CoHID provides access to state and local-level data and resources compiled by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and its partners to help understand health and related issues affecting people in Colorado.
Violent death statistics (suicide, homicide, firearm injury-related)
- Colorado Violent Death Reporting System(CoVDRS).
- Colorado Suicide Data Dashboard.
- Colorado Homicide Data Dashboard.
Drug overdose death statistics
Life expectancy estimates
Other vital statistics tables
- Reported induced terminations of pregnancy, 2021.
- Live births by the facility where delivery occurred, 2021.
- Live births by the method of delivery and maternal characteristics, 2021.
- Live births by type of facility and attendant, 2021.
- Live births and fertility rates by maternal race/ethnicity, 2020-2021.
- Live births by birth order and selected maternal demographics, 2021.
- Infant deaths and mortality rates by cause, 2021.
- Infant deaths and mortality rates by race/ethnicity, 2021.
- Deaths by leading causes and county of residence, 2021.
- Deaths by final disposition and county of residence, 2021.
- Marriage licenses by the county where issued, 2021.
- Divorce decrees by county of occurrence, 2021.
National Vital Statistics System
You can access vital statistics products for the United States by visiting the National Vital Statistics System, CDC/National Center for Health Statistics.