The Colorado Infant Hearing Advisory Committee provides recommendations to hospitals, health care institutions, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the public concerning, but not limited to, newborn hearing screening methodologies, guidelines for reporting and the means to assure that identified children receive referrals for appropriate follow-up services.
Colorado Infant Hearing Advisory Committee (CIHAC)
The Colorado Infant Hearing Advisory Committee (CIHAC) advises the department on issues related to newborn hearing screening in the State.
The CIHAC meetings are held on a quarterly basis at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, and are held in-person or by conference call only. Meeting announcements and updates will be listed below, and all meetings are open to the public. If you are interested in being added to the stakeholder email list, please call 303-692-2603.
2020 meeting dates:
- January 31, 2020, Carson Room, Building A.
- Canceled: May 1, 2020, Carson Room, Building A.
- Canceled: August 7, 2020, Carson Room, Building A.
- October 9, 2020, remote meeting, please see agenda.
2021 meeting dates:
- February 5, 2021, remote meeting.
- May 7, 2021, anticipate remote meeting.
- August 6, 2021, anticipate remote meeting.
- October 1, 2021, anticipate remote meeting.
All meetings will take place from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. The meeting room will be open for stakeholder use after the meeting from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Current meeting agenda.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, January 31, 2020.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, October 11, 2019.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, August 2, 2019.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, May 3, 2019.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, February 1, 2019.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, October 5, 2018.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, August 3, 2018.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, May 4, 2018.
- CIHAC meeting minutes, February 2, 2018.
Helpful information for committee members, guests and stakeholders:
At the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, we work hard to protect and promote your health and the environment. If you’re planning a visit to our campus and want to ride your bike here, we won’t take a second look at your helmet head, and if the bus you’re taking is running a little late, we won’t worry. We want you to be your healthiest you, and we appreciate your efforts to reduce pollution. Please call 303-692-2603 if you have any questions.
If you’re coming to our campus:
Our campus is located at 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, 80246.
- If you’re riding your bike: Our campus is located just south of the Cherry Creek bike trail. Bicycle parking is available at multiple locations on the main campus. Covered bicycle parking also is available at several locations, as well as on the ground floor of the parking structure on Birch Street, which is just east of the main campus.
- If you’re riding the bus: RTD’s Trip Planner is a great way to find the fastest route.
- If you’re driving: Visitor parking is conveniently located in front of all our buildings. Please check in with security in Building A so you can get a visitor badge.
- You might also want to know:
- We care about your health, so our campus is tobacco-free.
- We are located just east of Glendale’s City Set, where there are several restaurants.
Lactation Rooms are available on the first floors of buildings A and B.