*** IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL FORMER IDS USERS ***
The IDS System was shut down on Monday, October 19, 2020. All data will be archived. Please apply for access to the new Health Information Data System's Newborn Hearing Application using the instructions found here.
If you're a health care provider performing newborn hearing screening, you can find a variety of helpful forms and resources below:
- Joint Committee on Infant Hearing.
- National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management
Run by Utah State University, NCHAM serves as the National Technical Resource Center for the implementation and improvement of comprehensive and effective Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) systems. A number of free webinars, training presentations, and other resources are available on their website. Materials and activities described on NCHAM's website were funded in part by a cooperative agreement (U52MC04391) from the Maternal Child and Health Bureau (MCHB) of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) at the United States Department of Health and Human Services. NCHAM staff are responsible for the views and content of material on their website and no endorsement by MCHB/HRSA (or the staff of CDPHE) is implied or expressed.
- NCHAM/UNL Remote Hearing Aid Programming: A Teleaudiology Simulation Experience.
The following guidelines were created by the Colorado Infant Hearing Advisory Committee (CIHAC), which advises the department on issues related to newborn hearing screening in the state of Colorado. These guidelines in no way reflect the views or opinions of CDPHE staff.
- Section I: Overview - Coming Soon!
- Section II: Recommended Guidelines for Hospitals, Birthing Centers and Midwife Screening Programs - Coming Soon!
- Section III: Recommended Guidelines for Pediatric Audiology Diagnosis - Coming Soon!
- Section IV: Recommended Guidelines for Referral to Early Intervention - Coming Soon!
- Section V: Recommended Medical Evaluation for Newborns with Varied Hearing Levels (Hearing Loss)
- Section VI: Process for Parents of Newborns Referred to the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Program - Coming Soon!
- Section VII: Qualifications of an Early Interventionist working with children who are DHH - Coming Soon
- Section VIII: Recommended Guidelines for Parent Leadership in Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Systems