CDPHE publishes aggregated statewide and regional survey results in the summer of even-numbered years, while the CSPH Survey Team aids schools and districts with accessing and interpreting their local results.
Learn more about the Smart Source Survey, including methodology, use of data, and how this resource complements the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey.
Fall 2023 Administration
Registration is open for the 2023 HKCS and Smart Source administrations! All school districts are invited to participate. We hope you’ll join hundreds of schools across the state in administering these two voluntary surveys and using the data to support youth and school health.
CDPHE contracts a team of researchers at Colorado School of Public Health to work directly with school districts to select the survey version, provide parental consent letters and survey materials at least two weeks before administration, schedule administration dates, and return results within six weeks of participating - all at no cost to schools. Contact CSPHSurveyTeam@cuanschutz.edu to begin.
Statewide and regional data
Interactive Data Dashboard featuring state and regional results from 2013-2021
- 2021 HKCS Results: Key takeaways by topic. Resultados en 2021: Puntos principales por tema.
- Downloadable reports with 2021 state and regional results
- Youth marijuana use dashboard created by CDPHE’s Marijuana Health Monitoring and Research Section for a deeper dive into this topic.
- 2021 HKCS Technical Documentation Report
- Mental Health / Salud Mental
- Substance Use / Consumo de Sustancias
- Sexual Health & Sexual Violence / Salud Sexual