Description of data
The Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey was distributed by email and text message between January 20 and February 3rd, 2021 to all birthing parents currently enrolled in Health eMoms. Eligible participants were randomly selected by Health eMoms to participate in the data collection program after births that occurred between January 2018 and September 2020. Out of 2,887 eligible participants, 1,844 (65%) birthing parents completed the survey. These responses were weighted on demographic factors (race, ethnicity, urban or rural residence, parent age, parent education, parity, marital status, and Medicaid status) to represent all birthing parents of children ages 0-3 born and currently living in Colorado. Participants who completed the survey were entered to win a $300 gift card.
The Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey asked parents about:
- Partner relationship, changes to household dynamics, actions to reduce exposures.
- Employment and changes to employment, unemployment benefits, other benefit and service program participation, food and other resource insecurities, difficulty paying bills and changes to financial situation.
- Child care arrangements, needs, and difficulties.
- Maternal mental health, mental health needs, changes to needs and access to care.
- Child mental, physical, and social/behavioral impacts.
- Change in well-child care and immunization behaviors.
- Perspectives on vaccinating children for COVID-19 if vaccines are proven safe and effective.
- Sections for pregnant and postpartum people.
- Changes to prenatal and postpartum care.
- COVID-19 precautions during pregnancy.
- Experiences during pregnancy and around delivery.
- Perspectives on getting vaccinated during pregnancy.
- Testing and barriers to testing prior to delivery.
If you have questions about the Health eMoms COVID-19 data or would like to request aggregate statistics or a de-identified dataset, please contact Sarah Blackwell (Sarah.Blackwell@state.co.us).
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - overall.
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - age.
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - education.
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - geography.
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - Medicaid.
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - race/ethnicity.
- Health eMoms COVID-19 Survey Estimates - pregnant/postpartum.