Submitting external proposals
- Considerations for Advancing External Proposals for Revised Water Quality Standards and Classifications.
- External Proposals for Annual Review of Temporary Modifications Due to Expire Within Approximately the Next Two Years.
Triennial review hearings for Regulations 31-38:
- Section 25-8-202(f) of the State Water Quality Control Act requires us to review control regulations and water quality classifications and standards at least once every three years.
- Our current practice is to conduct triennial reviews by holding an informal "informational hearing" to solicit comments about whether particular regulations should be retained, repealed or revised.
- If, as a result of the informational hearing, we decide changes should be formally considered, a rulemaking hearing is scheduled for that purpose.
- The process is explained further with the following handouts. Note the examples are from years past, but they can give you a good idea of the process:
Other options for providing input
- Under C.R.S. 25-8-202(3), the State Water Quality Control Act provides that we "shall hold a public hearing during the month of October of each year in order to hear public comment on water pollution problems within the state."
- This hearing is typically held on the first day of our regular October meeting.
- Although this formal opportunity for public input is scheduled annually, we welcome public input about Colorado water quality issues at any time.
- Contact Jeremy Neustifter, commission administrator, at 303-692-3478 to discuss options for bringing issues to our attention.