Submitting external proposals
- Considerations for Advancing External Proposals for Revised Water Quality Standards and Classifications.
- External Proposals for Annual Review of Temporary Modifications Due to Expire Within Approximately the Next Two Years.
Triennial review hearings for Regulations 31-38:
- Section 25-8-202(f) of the State Water Quality Control Act requires us to review control regulations and water quality classifications and standards at least once every three years.
- Our current practice is to conduct triennial reviews by holding an informal "informational hearing" to solicit comments about whether particular regulations should be retained, repealed or revised.
Other options for providing input
- Under C.R.S. 25-8-202(3), the State Water Quality Control Act provides that we "shall hold a public hearing during the month of October of each year in order to hear public comment on water pollution problems within the state."
- This hearing is typically held on the first day of our regular October meeting.
- Although this formal opportunity for public input is scheduled annually, we welcome public input about Colorado water quality issues at any time.
- Contact Trisha Oeth, commission administrator, at 303-692-3468 to discuss options for bringing issues to our attention.