The biosolids program established requirements for the beneficial use of domestic wastewater treatment plant sludge. Biosolids are a byproduct of wastewater treatment plants. They contain both valuable nutrients for crop growth and soil conditioning materials. Beneficial use requires proper treatments and management to protect public health and the environment.
Applications and forms
- Letter of intent for the use and distribution of biosolids for applications to agricultural land or reclamation of land:
- Letter of intent for unrestricted use of biosolids on lawns and gardens,or bagged (containerized) biosolids for restricted use.
- Notice of transfer.
- Notice of change of contacts.
- Termination of use of biosolids:
- Biosolids annual report form (word)- updated Dec. 2020.
- Biosolids plant available nitrogen (PAN) and agronomic rate calculation.
- Inspection Forms.
- Regulations and Policies:
- Water Quality Control Division Policy 26: Methodology for Determining Agronomic Rates for the Beneficial Use of Biosolids.
- Water Quality Control Division Policy 28: Blending of Septage From an Individual Sewage Disposal System (ISDS) With Biosolids.
- Water Quality Biosolids Inspections information.