- Contractor: Receives a contract to obtain goods or services for the recipient’s own use.
- Subrecipient: a non-federal entity that receives a subaward from a grant recipient to carry out part of a federal program;
- does not include an individual that is a beneficiary of such a program.
- may also be a recipient of other Federal awards directly from a Federal awarding agency.
- Subaward: an award provided by a pass-through entity to a subrecipient for the subrecipient to carry out part of a Federal award received by the pass-through entity.
- may be provided through any form of legal agreement, including an agreement that the pass-through entity considers a contract.
Here is a helpful slideshow to determine whether your agency is a contractor or subrecipient.
Fiscal Compliance Guidance for Recipients of Federal Funds
- STI and HIV funded partner fiscal guidance and policies - For all agencies receiving funds from the Office of STI/HIV/VH
- STI/HIV/VH Contractor/Subrecipient Fiscal Guide_FY2022 (Please download document for access to embedded links.)
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for HHS Awards (CDC, HRSA)
- HRSA Contracts and Subawards - For subrecipients of HRSA funds
- HRSA Financial Management - For agencies funded through Ryan White or ADAP funds
- HRSA Subrecipient Monitoring - For HRSA funded contractors and subrecipients
- HRSA Policy Clarification Notices (PCNs)
- Ryan White Part B Fiscal Monitoring Standards (Section E & Section K)
- State of Colorado Fiscal Rules