The Ryan White State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) helps people pay for costly HIV medications. The program is open to Colorado residents living with HIV and has an income less than 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- You are a Colorado resident.
- You are a person living with HIV/AIDS verifiable at CDPHE or from a doctor or testing facility.
- Your income is less than the 500% Federal Poverty Level.
- In 2019, the 500% FPL for a household of one is $62,450.
- SDAP is the payer of last resort. The system only accepts those with no other options.
- If you can receive assistance with Medicaid, you must verify that you have applied for that program. (You may receive temporary access to our uninsured program while this application is pending.)
- If you can receive insurance through your employer, a COBRA policy, or Connect for Health Colorado, you'll need to be enrolled in Colorado SDAP’s Health Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP).
- You'll receive assistance in paying the costs of enrolling in this insurance.
- If you're eligible for Medicare, you'll also need to join SDAP’s "Bridging the Gap Colorado" plan for help with the costs of prescription premiums and related co-payments.
- If you have Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program), the Supplemental Wrap-Around Program (SWAP) can help cover the copays on your SDAP formulary medicine.
- If you can't access any other insurance, you'll be enrolled in the HIV Medication Assistance Program (HMAP).
- All members of Colorado SDAP must renew their eligibility for the program every six months.
- This recertification is due on the last day of your birth month and the last day of the month six months from then.
- Please submit your recertification documents on time to avoid delays in getting your prescription drugs or the loss of insurance. SDAP can't pay for premiums for people whose eligibility has expired.
Fill out a paper application
- State Drug Assistance Program Paper Application
- Programa de Asistencia para Medicamentos de Colorado Formulario de Recertificación
Additional documents for application or renewal
- 2019 Federal Poverty Level & Program Eligibility Chart
- SDAP Change of Client Information Form
- SDAP Hep C Treatment Prior Authorization form
- SDAP Self-Employment worksheet
- Employer Insurance Information form
A list of medications that are commonly used for people living with HIV.
The SDAP Review Committee open their monthly meeting to the public, allowing your input on the policies, practices, and formulary of Colorado SDAP.
For more information on the meetings, call 303-692-2783.