The Colorado State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) provides services to help people living with HIV get access to medications and offers assistance with insurance premium payments and covered out of pocket medical costs. The program is open to Colorado residents living with HIV with income equal to or less than 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- You are a Colorado resident.
- You are a person living with HIV/AIDS verifiable at CDPHE or from a doctor or testing facility.
- Your income is equal to or less than 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- If you can receive assistance with Medicaid, you must verify that you have applied for that program. (You may receive temporary access to our uninsured program while this application is pending.)
- If you can receive insurance through your employer, Connect for Health Colorado, or directly through the insurer you'll need to be enrolled in Colorado SDAP’s Health Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP).
- You'll receive assistance in paying the costs of enrolling in this insurance.
- If you're eligible for Medicare, you will be enrolled into the State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program or Bridging the Gap (SPAP/BTG) plan for help with the costs of prescription premiums and related co-payments.
- If you have Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program), the Supplemental Wrap-Around Program (SWAP) can help cover the copays for your SDAP formulary medicine and copays for Medicaid covered services.
- If you can't access any other insurance, you'll be enrolled in the HIV Medication Assistance Program (HMAP).
- All members of Colorado SDAP must renew their eligibility for the program every year during their birth month.
- Please submit your recertification documents on time to avoid delays in getting your prescription drugs or the loss of insurance. SDAP can't pay for premiums for people whose eligibility has expired.
- Ryan White and State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) Brief Introduction (English / presentación en español)
- 2022 Benefits Bootcamp On-demand Training
Fill out a paper application
- State Drug Assistance Program Paper Application
- Programa de Asistencia para Medicamentos de Colorado Formulario de Recertificación
Additional documents for application or renewal
- 2022 Federal Poverty Level & Program Eligibility Chart
- SDAP Change of Client Information Form
- SDAP Hep C Treatment Prior Authorization form
- SDAP Self-Employment worksheet
- Employer Insurance Information form
A list of medications that are commonly used for people living with HIV.
The SDAP Review Committee open their monthly meeting to the public, allowing your input on the policies, practices, and formulary of Colorado SDAP.
For more information on the meetings, call 720-515-0258