The Public Health Intervention Program (PHIP) helps you pay for PrEP. PrEP is an FDA-approved, once-a-day pill for HIV prevention. It is more than 99% effective. PHIP is available to any person living in Colorado with an income less than 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
****If you currently have Health First Colorado (Colorado Medicaid), your PrEP costs should be covered at a minimal $1-3 co-pay for services and medication. PHIP not an option for you.You may qualify for Medicaid if your income is $0-$1,437 per month before taxes.
- You must live in Colorado
- Your income is less than the 500%Federal Poverty Level.
- In 2019, the 500% FPL for a household of one is$62,450.
- Covers co-pays for PrEP, related doctor visits and lab work.
- Covers PrEP medication co-pays after manufacturer assistance (Gilead Advancing Access)is exhausted.
Whether you are applying online or by paper, please provide the following documents:
- Proof of income (one month's worth of paystubs, award letter, etc.)
- Your insurance card (if you have one).
- If you have insurance, you must apply for the Gilead Co-Pay Card, which contributes $7,200/year toward PrEP medication costs. Be sure to sign up and activate your card immediately.
- If you do not have insurance, you must apply for Gilead Advancing Access, which covers the full cost of medication.Participants may access services only at a PHIP contracted site as listed on the PHIP-PrEP medical provider.
Apply for PHIP
- PHIP Application Online
- PHIPapplication and recertification form | PHIP formulario de solicitud & recertificación