Educational loans eligible for repayment
- Federal and/or private commercial loans that were taken out for education and expenses directly related to the discipline in which you\'re currently practicing.
Educational loans not eligible for repayment
- Loans that were consolidated with any other type of debt or another person's debt.
- HRSA Primary Care Loans.
- Parent PLUS loans.
- Loans from a friend or family member.
- You must be licensed at the time of application.
- You are ineligible to apply if you have a conditional license as a result of a disciplinary action by your professional licensing board.
- You must have a negotiated employment contract and have started your first day of employment by the first day of the opening of the respective application cycle, March 1 or September 1.
- You cannot have another service obligation while you participate in the Rural Essential Access Provider Loan Repayment Program.
- If your employer offers a signing bonus that obligates you to a period of service, that obligation must be waived before you can be awarded loan repayment.
- You may apply to the Rural Essential Access Provider Loan Repayment Program and National Health Service Corps, but can accept only one award at a time.