Colorado Health Service Corps contract changes


Maternity, paternity or medical leave

If you take an extended leave that causes you to be away from your job for more than 35 days per contract year, your contract end date will be extended. To maintain your contract in good standing:
  • Notify your program navigator of your planned leave.
  • Provide them with the start and end dates of your actual leave when you return to work.
  • Report your days away in your semiannual report.
  • Your contract will be amended to reflect the extended end date.

Switch to part-time obligation

Switching from a full-time service obligation to a part-time obligation is allowed if you have completed at least 18 months of your current contract. Your contract will be extended (doubled) for the remaining service obligation and your contract will be amended. To request a change to a part-time obligation, you must:
  • Contact your program navigator about the date you want to switch to part-time or reduce your clinical contact hours.
  • An amended contract must be signed by you and your employer.
Please see the hourly requirements for details.

Site transfer

If the site is within the same organization:
  • Check to be sure it also is an approved site.
  • Contact your program navigator about your new practice address and verify with them that it is an CHSC-approved site.
If the site is with a different organization:
  • You must request approval and notify your program navigator before changing employers.
  • Transferring organizations makes you ineligible for renewal funding.
  • An amended contract must be signed by you, your former employer and your new employer.
Note that changing sites or employers is not allowed during the contracting process and your application will be ineligible.
Residential address change
If your personal contact information changes, notify your program navigator of the change and submit a W9 form obtained from your navigator.
Name change
If you have a legal name change, contact your program navigator of the change, and submit a W9 form obtained from your navigator.