The next loan repayment application cycle will be open March 1-31, 2022.
- You must be employed at an approved site by the first day of the current application cycle.
- Direct clinical care is defined as a medically necessary medical, dental, mental health or behavioral health visit or a qualified preventive health visit. The visit must be a face-to-face/one-on-one encounter between the patient and clinician during which time one or more services are rendered.
See below to determine if you are eligible to apply.
Eligible health professions
- Doctors of osteopathic or allopathic medicine (family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general psychiatry, general child psychiatry, general pediatrics, general obstetrics and gynecology, addiction medicine or pain management).
- Clinical pharmacists (PharmD).
- Dentists (general and pediatric).
- Licensed clinical or counseling psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D.).
- Licensed clinical social workers (master’s or doctoral degree in social work).
- Licensed professional counselors (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in counseling).
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in marriage and family therapy).
- Certified nurse-midwives.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Advanced practice nurses with specific training in substance use disorders or pain management.
- Physician assistants.
- Physician assistants with specific training in substance use disorders.
- Psychiatric nurse specialists.
- Licensed addiction counselors.
- Certified addiction counselors.
- Registered dental hygienists.
Dentists and dental hygienists may also be eligible for the state dental loan repayment program.
Geriatric specialists may include physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
A clinician working in the treatment of Substance Use Disorder may apply if the applicant has completed one's clinical degree and is actively pursuing supervised clinical hours to obtain full licensure and is a licensed candidate.
$105,000 for physicians and dentists.
$60,000 for physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical pharmacists, licensed mental health providers, licensed addiction counselors, dental hygienists and certified addiction counselors.
- $52,500 for physicians and dentists.
- $30,000 for physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical pharmacists, licensed mental health providers, licensed addiction counselors, dental hygienists and certified addiction counselors.
Agree to work for a term of three years at the approved site.
Work part time or full time with a minimum of clinical contact hours.
Meet the hourly requirements for direct clinical contact during the entire service obligation.