The next scholarship application cycle will be announced here.
You may be eligible to apply to receive a scholarship for Certified Addiction Counselor training.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be willing to become CAC I, CAC II, or CAC III certified.
- Apply to the scholarship program.
- Be awarded a scholarship and contracted with the state of Colorado.
- Get accepted into an approved CAC training program within six months of signing a contract.
- Complete your coursework and required hours within 12 months for CAC I or 24 months for CAC II and CAC III.
- Work in an approved Health Professional Shortage Area at an approved site, delivering health care services to underserved patients for 6 months after you receive your certification with clinical hours completed. The practice must generally accept public insurance and offer discounted services to low-income, uninsured patients on a sliding fee scale.
Note: Direct patient care is defined as a medically necessary medical, dental, mental health or behavioral health visit or a qualified preventive health visit. The visit must be a face-to-face/one-on-one encounter between the patient and clinician during which time one or more services are rendered.
The full cost of tuition and fees up to $5,000 per level.
You must agree to work for a term of 6 months at the CHSC approved site and meet the hourly requirements for direct clinical contact during the entire service obligation.
Additional eligibility details:
- You are not required to be licensed at the time of application.
- You are ineligible to apply if you have a conditional license as a result of a disciplinary action by your professional licensing board.
Education and Training Status
- You must provide a letter from an approved training institution of acceptance into a CAC training program within 6 months of your contract execution.
- You have 12 months to complete the CAC I training program and the 1,000 required clinical hours.
- You have 24 months to complete the CAC II and CAC III training program and the 2,000 required clinical hours.
- You can have another service obligation while you participate in the scholarship program.
Contact Mary Blake Chandler at 303-692-2831 or email@example.com