Hazardous waste permits


Get EPA Form 8700-23

Most facilities that treat, store or dispose of hazardous waste must have a hazardous waste permit for the active life of the unit, including the closure period.
  • There are two parts to the permit application.
    • Part A of the application consists of EPA Form 8700-23 along with maps, drawings, and photographs.
    • Part B of the permit application contains detailed, site-specific information in narrative form. There is no form for the Part B Permit Application but the requirements are defined in part 100.4 of the state regulations.
  • Special permits are also available, including interim status, permits by rule and short term permits such as emergency permits.
    • Specific criteria defined in part 100.2 of the state regulations must be met.