The division hosted a virtual healthcare-specific hazardous and medical waste regulations training on April 12, 2023. The training covered the following topics:
- Hazardous waste generator requirements.
- The hazardous waste self-certification process.
- The hazardous waste pharmaceutical rule (referred to as the P-Rule).
- Specific universal wastes typically encountered in healthcare facilities.
- Other healthcare-related hazardous waste topics.
Presentations and recording
- Colorado hazardous and medical waste regulations training recording - morning session.
- Colorado hazardous and medical waste regulations training recording - afternoon session.
- Hazardous Waste Identification Prezi presentation.
- Subpart P Requirements Prezi presentation.
- Generator Requirements Prezi presentation.
- Universal Waste Prezi presentation.
- What to Expect on a Hazardous Waste Inspection Prezi presentation.
- Medical Waste Prezi presentation.
We are providing this healthcare-specific training in response to feedback from the division’s annual hazardous waste regulations training. Healthcare facilities are responsible for the proper identification, management, and disposal of hazardous and medical waste that is generated at their facility. This training will be led by Colorado’s Hazardous Waste Program and Solid Waste Program, which are responsible for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to the management of hazardous and solid waste, respectively.
The authority for these programs lie within the Colorado Hazardous Waste Act, 25-15-101 et seq., C.R.S.; the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); and the Solid Waste Disposal Sites and Facilities Act, 30-20-100.5 et seq., C.R.S. Additional regulations outside the scope of this training may also apply to your facility.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact:
1-888-569-1831 ext. 3380 (outside the Denver metro area)