We offer resources to help you understand the regulations and how they apply to you, including workshops and other training designed to clarify the regulations and provide an open forum for questions.
Register for the 2021 Colorado hazardous waste training: overview of regulations
The Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division will host a two-part, virtual training over Zoom to provide a high-level overview of Colorado’s hazardous waste regulations and requirements for generators.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 27th, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Hazardous waste identification, generator requirements, and land disposal restrictions.
Day 2: Thursday, October 28th, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Hazardous waste inspections, hazardous waste treatment, universal waste, hazardous waste recycling, and used oil management.
Register by Sunday, October 17
Please note: This training does not pertain to Very Small Quantity Generator healthcare facilities such as most long term care and ambulatory services.
2021 Colorado hazardous waste training agenda
- Please register with the email you will use to sign into the training. Registrants will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org the week before the training with their Zoom join link.
- All participants must register or be included in a group registration to be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.
- The training presentations will be available on this webpage prior to the training.
1-888-569-1831 ext. 3380 (outside the Denver metro area)
2020 Hazardous Waste presentations and recordings
PDFs below are provided for printing purposes and are modified versions of the presentations.
Recordings will be uploaded following the training.
Day 1: October 27
- Hazardous waste identification Prezi presentation.
- Generator requirements Prezi presentation.
- Land disposal restrictions regulations Prezi presentation.
- Management standards for hazardous waste pharmaceuticals Prezi presentation.
Day 2: October 28
- What to expect on a hazardous waste inspection Prezi presentation.
- Hazardous waste treatment Prezi presentation.
- Universal waste Prezi presentation.
- Hazardous waste recycling Prezi presentation.
- Used oil management Prezi presentation.
Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC)
A coalition of states, industry and stakeholders working to develop guidance documents and training courses to meet the needs of both regulators and the regulated community.