We offer resources to help you understand the regulations and how they apply to you, including workshops and other training designed to clarify the regulations and provide an open forum for questions.
2021 Colorado hazardous waste training: overview of regulations
The Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division held a two-part, virtual training over Zoom to provide a high-level overview of Colorado’s hazardous waste regulations and requirements for generators.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 27th, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Hazardous waste identification, generator requirements, and land disposal restrictions.
Day 2: Thursday, October 28th, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Hazardous waste inspections, hazardous waste treatment, universal waste, hazardous waste recycling, and used oil management.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact:
1-888-569-1831 ext. 3380 (outside the Denver metro area)
2021 Hazardous Waste presentations and recordings
Recordings have auto closed captioning.
PDFs below are provided for printing purposes and are modified versions of the presentations. The presentations and PDFs are not accessible for assistive technology.
Day 1: October 27
- Hazardous waste identification Prezi presentation.
- Generator requirements Prezi presentation.
- Land disposal restrictions regulations Prezi presentation.
- Management standards for hazardous waste pharmaceuticals Prezi presentation.
- Day 1 training recording.
Day 2: October 28
- What to expect on a hazardous waste inspection Prezi presentation.
- Hazardous waste treatment Prezi presentation.
- Universal waste Prezi presentation.
- Universal waste PDF.
- Video clip: universal waste guidelines for aerosol cans.
- Video clip: universal waste guidelines for e-waste.
- Video clip: universal waste guidelines for bulbs.
- Although the label in this video does not show an accumulation start date, a method to show how long the bulbs have been accumulating is necessary.
- Hazardous waste recycling Prezi presentation.
- Used oil management Prezi presentation.
- Day 2 training recording.
Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC)
A coalition of states, industry and stakeholders working to develop guidance documents and training courses to meet the needs of both regulators and the regulated community.