Program reports to the Colorado General Assembly
An overview of program activities and impacts
2021 report to general assembly: submitted February 2022
Annual solid waste diversion totals 2018-2021.
Paintcare data and statistics
A visual representation of the charts and graphs found in the annual reports.
Local solid waste and recycling information
Two interactive maps depicting local solid waste and recycling information. We collected this data in 2017 and 2018 through a series of phone calls to local governments and internet searches. If information is incorrect or out of date, please contact Jace Driver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction and demolition waste
Statewide landfill disposal statistics
Landfill disposal statistics interactive presentation
A visual, interactive presentation of the landfill disposal statistics throughout the state.
Solid Waste User Fee volume report 2021
State total in cubic yards : 27,522,770
State total in tons: 9,155,356
Solid waste user fee: $15,104,866.54
Solid Waste User Fee volume report 2020
State total in cubic yards : 27,119,492
State total in tons: 8,579,268
Solid waste user fee: $12,029,217.06
Solid Waste User Fee volume report 2019
State total in cubic yards : 28,767,211
State total in tons: 9,696,689
Solid waste user fee: $9,513,713.38
Solid waste user fee historical figures
Solid waste user fee: $6,069,189
Solid waste user fee: $6,647,194
Solid waste user fee: $5,161,912
Solid waste user fee: $4,615,727
Solid waste user fee: $5,974,455
Solid waste user fee: $4,658,592
Statewide landfill disposal data origins and interpretation
Waste quantities may be reported and tallied by cubic yards, tons, vehicles or gallons. All waste quantities are then converted to cubic yards based on the following conversion factors:
- 0.333 cubic yard per car.
- 0.666 cubic yard per truck.
- 3.333 cubic yards per ton (based on the "average" compaction rate for household trash).
- 5.000 cubic yards per 1,000 gallons.
- 0.75 cubic yards per ton for soil (beginning the first quarter of calendar year 2003).
- Waste volumes are for total waste and are not just municipal solid waste.
- National figures produced by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are for municipal solid waste per capita and therefore exclude certain wastes that are included in our totals.
- To approximate the national figures reported by EPA, the approximate volume of non-municipal solid waste must be accounted for when converting our data.