Bulk fund eligibility

Learn more about who is eligible to participate and what you can do if you do not qualify to participate.

Who is eligible for the Bulk Fund?
  • A unit of local government- including but not limited to Local Public Health Agencies
  • A person that is NOT a private entity and makes a defibrillator or AED available to aid the general public.
  • A harm reduction organization
  • A law enforcement agency
  • A first responder 
  • An institute of higher education
  • A library
  • Community service organization- registered as a non-profit organization with the State of Colorado
  • A Religious Organization
  • A local jail
  • Multijurisdicitonal jail
  • A municipal jail
  • A correctional facility
  • A private contract prison
  • A community corrections program
  • A pretrial services program
  • Probation Department
  • A mental health professional
  • A school district board of education of a public school*
  • The State Charter School Institute for an institute charter school*
  • A governing board of a nonpublic school*
    * If you are applying as a school or district (including charter or private schools) there is an additional policy requirement. You will need to have a policy in place before submitting your application. The policy should address the possession, administration, and maintenance of naloxone. Prior to submitting your application, this policy should be emailed to the Bulk Fund Coordinator for review. You can find an example policy and a school toolkit to help guide you on the Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention’s website.


Why am I not eligible?
  • Colorado State Statute  C.R.S. 12-30-110 defines what agencies are eligible. 


Where can I access naloxone if I am not eligible for the Naloxone Bulk Fund?
  • Over-the-counter (OTC) naloxone nasal spray
    • You may purchase over-the-counter naloxone nasal spray directly through a pharmacy distributor or at a variety of stores either in-person or online.
  • Pharmacies
    • Depending on the type of health insurance you have, you may be able to get naloxone free of charge or at a discounted rate from a pharmacy. Visit Stop the Clock Colorado or visit Bring Naloxone Home to find a pharmacy near you. We recommend calling ahead to check on availability and cost.
  • Regional Opioid Abatement Councils
  • Resources for specific entities
    • Behavioral health care providers and clinics
      • The Managed Service Organization (MSO) for your clinic or service location may be able to
        provide naloxone. Visit the Behavioral Health Administration’s website to locate your MSO and
        identify what resources may be available for your location.
    • Criminal justice agencies