Concerning potency analysis, while several published methods exist, the available methods have not been validated to the level of a standard method. The following is a list of appropriate reference methods. Potency methods must be validated extensively to ensure they meet the requirements of testing.
Methods applicable to potency determination:
- Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC) 2018. “Cannabinoid in Dried Flowers and Oil, 2018.10” http://www.eoma.aoac.org/
- Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC) 2018. “Quantitation of Cannabinoids in Cannabis Dried Plant Materials, Concentrates, and Oils, 2018.11 ”http://www.eoma.aoac.
- Backer, Benjamin De., et al., 2009. Innovative development and validation of an HPLC/DAD method for the qualitative and quantitative determination of major cannabinoids in cannabis plant material.Journal of Chromatography B, 887 4115-4124.
Bovens, Michael., et al., 2009. The recommended method for the identification and analysis of cannabis and cannabis products: Manual for use by National drug analysis laboratories. United Nations.
- Gambaro, Veniero., et al., 2002. Determination of primary active constituents in Cannabis preparations by high-resolution gas chromatography/flame ionization detection and high-performance liquid chromatography/UV detection. Analytica Chimica Acta 468, 245-254.
- L. Ambach, F. Penitschka, A. Broillet, S. König, W. Weinmann., 2014. Simultaneous quantification of delta-9-THC, THC-acid A, CBN and CBD in seized drugs using HPLC-DAD. Forensic Science International 243, 107-111.
- Stolker, A.A.M., et al., 2004. Determination of cannabinoids in cannabis products using liquid chromatography-ion trap mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A, 1058, 143-151.
- Swift, Wendy., et al., 2013. Analysis of Cannabis Seizures in NSW, Australia: Cannabis Potency and Cannabinoid Profile, PLOS One v.8 i.7 e70052.
- Upton, Roy., et al., 2014. Cannabis Inflorescence Cannabis Spp.: Standards of Identity, Analysis, And Quality Control. American Herbal Pharmacopoeia.