Concerning pesticide testing, there is a large pool of standard methods from which to draw. All methods employed must include applicable controls.
Methods applicable to pesticide residue testing:
- Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC) 2016. “Pesticide Residues in Foods by Acetonitrile Extraction and Partitioning with Magnesium Sulfate, 2007.01” http://www.eoma.aoac.org/methods/info.asp?ID=48938
- Collaborative Validation of the QuEChERS Procedure for the Determination of Pesticide Residues in Food by LC-MS/MS. J.Agric.Food Chem, 2011,59,6383- 6411.
- Determination of Pesticide Residues in Foods by Acetonitrile Extraction and Partitioning with Magnesium Sulfate: Collaborative Study LEHOTAY: Journal of AOAC International Vol.90,No.2,2007.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA), 2016: Pesticide Analytical Manual (PAM).https://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodScienceResearch/LaboratoryMethods/ucm2006955.htm
- International Standards Organization (ISO), 2016. http://www.iso.org/iso/home.html
- United States Department of Agriculture: Food Safety and Inspection Service (USDA FSIS), 2016. Chemistry Laboratory Guidebook. https://www.fsis.usda.gov/news-events/publications/chemistry-laboratory-guidebook