The State Lab at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment courier system is offered at no cost to Colorado clinical and public health agencies.
Requesting a courier
Request a courier to pick-up your samples to transport to The State Lab using the courier request form.
We recommend requesting a courier 24-48 hours in advance.
- On the day of your scheduled pick-up, please call the courier dispatch team at 303-691-4040 if:
- Your facility is outside of the Front Range and a courier has not arrived within one hour of the expected time.
- Your facility is in the Front Range (Denver Metro, Colorado Springs, Loveland Fort Collins, Longmont, Greeley) and a courier has not arrived within two hours of the expected time.
- Courier routes typically travel from the outermost regions to Denver Metro. Please review the courier map below for more details.
- The State Lab courier service does not pick up water samples from residential addresses.
The courier dispatch team can be reached at 303-691-4040 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The State Lab courier city routes and times
Where can I drop off water samples?
The State Lab courier service does not pick up water samples from residential addresses. Water samples can be dropped off at The State Lab or at one of the following local public health agencies listed below. Please contact the local public health agency before dropping off your water sample. We also accept specimens via FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service (USPS).
The State Lab courier service should not be used to transport bacterial water samples. Bacterial water samples are required to be received at the lab within 26 hours of collection for processing. The courier service is not recommended due to this requirement.
Boulder County Public Health
3450 Broadway Street, Boulder, CO 80304
Delta County Health Department
255 West 6th Street, Delta, CO 81416
El Paso County Public Health
1675 West Garden of the Gods Rd, Suite 2044
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Fremont County Department of Public Health and Environment
201 North 6th Street, Canon City, CO 81212
Larimer County Department of Public Health Department - Fort Collins Office
1525 Blue Spruce Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Larimer County Department of Public Health and Environment - Loveland
200 Peridot Avenue, Loveland, CO 80537
Las Animas County Health Department
412 Benedicta Avenue, Trinidad, CO 81082
Mesa County Public Health
510 29 ½ Road, Grand Junction, CO 81504
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment
101 West 9th Street, Pueblo, CO 81003
Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment
1555 North 17th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631