We would like to gather feedback regarding the new conditions proposed for 2019. Please fill out this survey to help us better serve Newborn Babies and their families.
- Send cards to the lab
- Simple spot check (unsatisfactory specimens)
- Storage and use of blood spots
- Completing the NBS demographic card
- Brochures for hospitals, clinics, and midwives - English or Spanish
- PCP follow-up reference chart with contact information for pediatric specialists
- Conditions included in tests
- Supply order form
- Results request form
Immediate steps for health care providers to take when a newborn in your care has an abnormal screen for each disorder on the newborn screening panel.
Newborn blood spot screening for infants of refugee status can still be reliably conducted during the first 12 months of an infant's life. Knowing the infant’s age will help with the interpretation of the results, especially since the results will be evaluated outside of the usual parameters.