Testing your water with the State Lab at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment includes the following steps:
- Determining when to test your water.
- Choosing what to test in your water from the list of common water testing packages and specific substances.
- Ordering water collection bottles from the State Lab. This will be delivered to you via FedEx at no cost.
- Collecting the water samples using bottle specific instructions.
- Labeling bottles and completing the chain of custody form.
- Packing and transporting samples to the State Lab. Payment is due at drop-off.
- Receiving and interpreting your results.