These resources are available to public and private organizations working to reduce the burden of chronic disease in Colorado. Chronic diseases pose the greatest risk to the health and wellness of Coloradans but are the most preventable of all health problems.
CDPHE Chronic Disease State Plan 2022-2030
The 2022-2030 CDPHE Chronic Disease State Plan builds on Colorado’s existing state plans and outlines CDPHE’s specific role in addressing the chronic disease burden in Colorado through the identification of data, strategic priorities, emerging work to address these priorities, and measurable outcomes to map our progress.
This plan highlights chronic disease data and CDPHE priorities related to:
Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Surveillance.
Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes.
Healthy Eating and Active Living.
Pulmonary Disease (Asthma-focused).
Health Systems Transformation.
VISION (Visual Information System for Identifying Opportunities and Needs)
VISION provides data for chronic disease and behavioral health measures in Colorado. The purpose of this tool is to provide data and visualizations for assessments and data-driven public health planning and program work. Data are updated as the data source allows to provide the most recent information for Colorado health measures.
Data sources and indicators
Data resources for chronic diseases and social determinants of health
- VISION data tool.
- Healthy Kids Colorado Survey dashboard.
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) dashboard.
- Community-level estimates.
- Community health equity map.
- Community inclusion resources and maps.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment open data site.
Facts for Action: Chronic Diseases and Related Risk Factors in Colorado
Sugary Drink Consumption in Colorado (8/2016).
- Fruit and vegetable consumption in Colorado (11/2014).
High Blood Pressure Awareness in Colorado (11/2014).
Diabetes’ Impact in Colorado (11/2015).
- Tobacco continues to be a Serious and Costly Issue for Colorado.
- Healthy Kids Colorado Survey infographics (topics include tobacco, healthy eating and active living, and substance use).
- High Blood Pressure Awareness and Monitoring in Colorado.
- Measuring the Health of Adults Aged 18 to 64 in Colorado - a report by the Colorado Cross-Agency Collaborative.
- Healthy Aging in Colorado: Adults Ages 65 and Older - a report by the Colorado Cross-Agency Collaborative.
- Overweight and Obesity in Colorado Adults, Teens and Children.
National reports with Colorado-specific data
Maternal and Child Health issue briefs and other reports
Oral Health Data
CDPHE Health Watch publications
- Health Watch No. 104: What do our driver's licenses say about weight status among Colorado adults? An analysis of adult obesity prevalence using Colorado DMV data.
- Health Watch No. 99: Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on Adult Health in Colorado.
- Health Watch No. 98: Disparities in the Prevalence of Adult Overweight and Obesity by Demographic Characteristics—Colorado BRFSS.
- 92: Evaluating the interplay of arthritis, obesity and physical activity among Colorado adults.
- 88: Obesity and Physical Inactivity in Colorado.
- 86: Food Insecurity Contributes to Obesity Among Colorado Children and Pregnant Women.
- 83: Public vs. Private Health Insurance in Colorado at a Glance.
- 82: Living Longer? Living Better? Estimates of Life Expectancy and Healthy Life Expectancy in Colorado.
- 80: Screen Time Behavior in Colorado Children.
- Colorado Chronic Disease Plan, 2013-17 | Plan Executive Summary.
- Cancer and Poverty, Colorado 2001-2012 (3/2015).
- The Burden of Chronic Disease in Colorado (12/2013), pages 9-20.
- At the Heart of the Matter: 2011 Report on Heart Disease and Stroke in Colorado.
- Cancer Survivors in Colorado, 2009.
- The Weight of the State: 2009 Report on Overweight and Obesity in Colorado.
CDPHE Health Watch publications:
- 77: The Connection Between Health Disparities and the Social Determinants of Health in Early Childhood.
- 76: The Burden of Depression and Anxiety in Colorado.
- 75: Smoking Before, During and After Pregnancy: Colorado Trends.
- 74: Gestational Diabetes in Colorado.
- 71: The Association Between Physical Activity, Mental Health and Quality of Life: A Population-Based Study.