People can get healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) while they are being treated for other conditions. These infections can happen in any health care facility, including hospitals, surgery centers, end-stage kidney disease facilities, and long-term care facilities. Bacteria, fungi, viruses and other germs can cause HAIs. These infections can cause serious illness and death.
Data on healthcare-associated infections reported by Colorado health facilities.
Get the facts
- Candida auris (C. auris)
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI)
- Central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI)
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Surgical site infections (SSI)
- Vancomycin-reisitant enterococcus (VRE)
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP)