The primary role of the Advisory Committee is to provide oversight and guidance to the Department for the collection, analysis, and publication of HAI data from health facilities according to C.R.S. 25-3-601-607. The Advisory Committee may advise the HAI&AR program on other issues as needed.
Advisory Board Member Vacancy Announcement
There is a vacancy in the HAI advisory board member position. To be considered for the opening, the application must be submitted by closed of business April 29, 2021 (5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time).
Advisory Committee members are citizen volunteers that participate in a committee that is a public body. There are 11 members appointed by the Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. These include:
- One representative from a rural hospital;
- One representative from an urban hospital;
- One board-certified or board-eligible physician licensed in the state of Colorado who is affiliated with a Colorado hospital or medical school, who is an active member of a national organization specializing in healthcare epidemiology or infection control;
- Four infection control practitioners as follows;
- One from a stand-alone ambulatory surgical center,
- One from a long-term care setting,
- One health care professional certified by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc., or its successor,
- One other health care professional,
- One representative from a health consumer organization;
- One representative from a health insurer;
- One representative from a purchaser of health insurance;
- Either one medical statistician with an advanced degree in such specialty or a clinical microbiologist with an advanced degree in such specialty.
A list of current members can be found here: 2021 member list.
Meeting structure and schedule
The committee typically meets eight to ten times each year on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 2 to 4 p.m. at CDPHE in Denver. Call-in information is available. During the COVID-19 response, meetings are being held using telephone and video conferencing. All meetings are open for the public to attend and comment. Please contact Lynda Saignaphone at Lynda.firstname.lastname@example.org for call-in information.
The 2021 meeting schedule can be found here: meeting schedule.
Agendas will be posted on the website 24 hours prior to the meeting: meeting agendas
Minutes for meetings held during the past 4 years can be found here: meeting minutes.
Advisory Committee Bylaws
Advisory Committee Bylaws can be found here: advisory committee bylaws.