Updated TB Testing and Treatment Recommendations for Health Care Personnel
While the CDPHE TB Program does not regulate private providers’ TB screening and testing processes, we provide recommendations based on CDC guidance. Please note that healthcare facilities typically need to take into consideration regulations or guidelines from their respective licensing bodies and other oversight agencies (e.g. OSHA, The Joint Commission, etc.).
Resources for Screening Health Care Personnel
- Letter to Colorado healthcare facilities regarding healthcare personnel screening.
- Healthcare Personnel New Employee Testing Algorithm
- Baseline Individual TB Risk Assessment
- TB Symptom Evaluation
- Sample Employee Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- HCP Annual Educational Recommendations
- Employee Waiver
- Updated 2019 CDC MMWR Guidelines
- Tuberculosis Screening, Testing, and Treatment of US Health Care Personnel; ACOEM and NTCA Joint Task Force on Implementation of the 2019 MMWR Recommendations
- CDC Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Settings 2005 MMWR 2005, 54 (No. RR-17).
- Additional Information