Steps to submit a certification
- Click on the “certification” tab.
- Click the “new” button.
- Enter patient information.
- Verify information with the patient.
- To prevent processing delays, ensure all information entered is accurate including the patient's full name, date of birth, and social security number.
- Select the patient’s medical condition.
- Enter the etiology.
- If you are recommending medical marijuana to treat a disabling medical condition make sure to select “other” in addition to any other applicable etiologies. Then enter the registration period length in days in the text box.
- Enter your PIN.
- Sign the electronic attestation.
- Click “save.”
- Give the patient a printout of the certification for their records.
You will only be able to submit one physician certification per patient.
Patients must have a new certification each time they renew their registration. You can edit an active certification during a patient’s registration period if you need to update information. If the certification is listed as “pending renewal” you will not be able to make any changes.
You will be able to update a patient’s name, date of birth, social security number, plant and ounce count, and homebound status from your provider account.
- Select the certification you want to edit.
- Select “Edit” at the bottom to amend the certification.
- Make your update.
- Enter the reason for updating the certification.
- Enter your PIN and sign the certification.
If you need to update other areas of the certification please email email@example.com
You may revoke an active provider certification at any time if you no longer provide medical care to a patient.
Steps to revoke a certification
- Select the certification
- Click edit
- Choose “revoked” from the drop-down next to “status”
- Enter your PIN and sign the attestation
Use the “Column Filters” button to search through your provider certifications using criteria such as certification status, patient name, exam date, or plant count.
To filter results
- Log in
- Click “Certifications” tab
- Click “Column Filters” button at the top of your certifications list
- Enter the criteria you want to search by
- Click “Filter the results”
- Click “Apply”
If your column filters are left on, you will not see a full list of your certifications.
Turn column filters off
- Click “Column Filters” button
- Click “Don’t filter the results”
- Click "Apply"
Export lists of certifications
If you prefer to manage certifications in your own database, you can export a list to Excel by following the steps below.
- Log in to your account
- Click on your name
- Click on the “certification” tab
- Click the “CSV” button
- This will export a list of your certifications into an Excel file
Tips to help the patient registration process
Follow the tips below to help patients experience fast processing times
If you are a dentist or advanced practice practitioner with prescriptive authority such as podiatrist, optometrist, physician assistant, or advanced nurse practitioner you are only permitted to recommend for disabling conditions.
Make sure to have an active DEA certificate on file with the registry. You can check this by logging into your account.
Advise patients to visit the how to apply page
Submit all provider certifications online.
Give patients a print out of their certification.
If you are recommending medical marijuana to treat a disabling medical condition make sure you list the registration period in the etiology section.
Do not provide technical assistance. Instead, tell patients to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-692-2184 for help with their application or account.
Do not submit applications or create accounts on behalf of patients
Do not share your physician account information, username or password with anyone, including your staff
Do not collect or maintain patient’s confidential account information, username or password