- Meal Standards for Child Nutrition Programs.
- Learn more about the difference between Child Nutrition Programs.
- Review this checklist for new SFA applicants.
- Complete the intake form to apply.
To add a new site to your existing application in the Colorado Nutrition Portal, please contact your assigned nutrition consultant. Use this checklist for guidance.
SFA license requirements
A child care license or license exemption is required for participation in the CACFP. Use the license exemption checklist to determine if the site is exempt per CRS 26-6-103. A copy of this determination must be sent to the CACFP office or attached to the online application.
Procedure Memo CENTERS #20-31 - determining license exemption for at-risk afterschool care centers.
Your assigned nutrition consultant will schedule a phone call and provide training on the CACFP program. SFAs are not required to attend the CACFP Institution and Site Staff Training. However, if you or your staff would like to attend, visit the training section of the website.
Learn more about the Meal Pattern requirements.
USDA Policy specific to SFAs
- USDA Memo SP37-2017: Flexibilities for Co-mingled Preschool Meals.
- USDA Memo SP 01-2018: Updated Infant and Preschool Meal Patterns in the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.