Are you a CPED grantee? Manage your grant.
Cancer Prevention and Early Detection grant funding
On April 4, 2022, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment released a five-year request for applications (RFA) to reduce cancer health disparities, and morbidity and mortality rates in Colorado. Applications from Health Systems and Community-Based Organizations were due June 1, 2022 and applications from Government Organizations were due June 15, 2022.
The next deadline for application review is to be determined.
Funding for new Applicants is not currently available. CDPHE will send an email to interested individuals and organizations when funding becomes available. If you are interested in being notified when funding becomes available, please complete this Google Form.
Funding Opportunity Details
This RFA includes two application Paths for Applicants. The two Paths are based on the Applicant’s organization type and include one or more strategies. Applicants may apply for only one path.
The Health System Path is specific to organizations that are health systems. For the purposes of this RFA, a health system is defined as:
- Individual health clinic (includes provider-owned clinic).
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- Community health center.
- Hospital networks for the use and benefit of a hospital within their network (may include hospital foundations).
- Safety net clinic.
- Rural health center.
The Community-Based Organization Path is specific to organizations that are community-based organizations. For the purposes of this RFA, a community-based organization (CBO) is defined as:
- A public or private nonprofit organization of demonstrated effectiveness that:
- (A) is representative of a community or significant segments of a community; and
- (B) provides educational or related services to individuals in the community.
- For the purposes of the Cancer Prevention and Early Detection program, a CBO cannot meet the definition of a Health System.
Who should apply
Any organization interested in implementing one or more strategies to increase and sustain health equity as it relates to cancer prevention and early detection are encouraged to apply.
Government Organizations have a separate funding process and do not have to apply to the CPED RFA. Information for Government Organizations can be found here.
Contact us with questions about the application process at email@example.com.
Note that questions will not be accepted or addressed in direct emails or phone calls to any CDPHE staff to ensure consistent information for all Applicants.
- You can find the link to the Questions and Answers spreadsheet from the prior application period on the appropriate path webpage
The Applicant Webinar recordings and presentation slides from the prior application period can be found on the appropriate path webpage.
Note: These are not the in-depth applicant webinars that are held as part of the RFA process.
- Community-Based Organization Informational Session (March 8, 2022)
- Health Systems and Private Providers Informational Session (March 15, 2022)
- Existing Grantee Informational Session (March 22, 2022)
- LPHA Informational Session (March 28, 2022)