The deadline for application submission is
Friday, August 4, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
Funding Opportunity Details
Request for Applications (RFA) #41969, released on July 5, 2023, aims to solicit applications from health systems and community-based organizations committed to reducing cardiovascular disease and other related conditions in high burden communities throughout Colorado. This RFA seeks to support bidirectional referrals, increase cardiovascular disease screening, assist with social needs that act as barriers to achieving good heart health, and improve disease management outcomes for eligible clients of the Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for WOMen Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) program. This RFA includes two application Tracks for applicants.
Track 1: WISEWOMAN Clinical Services is open to applicants currently funded through the Cancer Prevention and Early Detection (CPED) program to conduct breast and cervical cancer services under the Women’s Wellness Connection (WWC) program.
Awarded organizations will provide the following services:
- Culturally-relevant cardiovascular disease risk screenings and prevention education for WISEWOMAN-eligible patients in clinical settings
- Healthy behavior support services and referrals to community-based support services
- Social needs assessments and referrals to support services
Track 2: Community-Based Services for WISEWOMAN Clients is open to applicants from community-based organizations in providing evidence-based support services to WISEWOMAN clients, including those that promote healthy eating and physical activity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes prevention and management, and healthy weight management.
Applicants awarded funding for this track will be expected to:
- Establish bidirectional referral and data-sharing relationships with funded WISEWOMAN health system(s)
- Provide high-quality support services that promote positive cardiovascular disease health outcomes for WISEWOMAN clients
Two webinars were held on June 21, 2023, to provide additional information about each track of this funding opportunity. Recordings of the events and the presentation slides from each webinar are now available:
An additional webinar was held on July 12, 2023 to answer questions about the RFA materials after they were released. A recording of the webinar and the presentation slides are now available:
|RFA release date||July 5, 2023|
|Deadline for submitting questions||July 21, 2023|
|Final answers posted||July 26, 2023|
|RFA due date (5:00 p.m. Mountain Time)||August 4, 2023|
|Estimated contract effective date||January 1, 2024|
How to Apply
Applications for this funding opportunity will be submitted in their entirety using an online survey via Qualtrics. Attachments will also be uploaded into the application survey. Instructions on using Qualtrics and a complete list of required application questions are included in each RFA track guidance document to help applicants prepare for submission.
Please submit all questions about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions submitted in direct emails or phone calls to CDPHE or any CDPHE staff will not be accepted or addressed to ensure consistent information for all applicants.
Questions will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time on July 21, 2023. Answers will be posted in the Q&A Document.
- WISEWOMAN Clinical and Community-Based Services RFA
- Track 1 WISEWOMAN Clinical Services Guidance (Exhibit A)
- Track 2 Community-Based Services for WISEWOMAN Clients Guidance (Exhibit B)
- Definitions of Terms (Exhibit C)
- Cardiovascular and Diabetes Disease Disparity County Index Ranking Guidance (Exhibit D)
- Cardiovascular and Diabetes Disease Disparity County Index Score Calculator (Exhibit E)
RFA documents must be submitted with applications:
- WISEWOMAN Clinical and Community-Based Services RFA Application Survey
- Attachment A - CDPHE RFA Cover Sheet and Signature Page
- Attachment B - Budget Template
- Financial Risk Assessment Questionnaire (completed in Google Forms)
- Additional Attachments (Optional) such as letters of support or agreements with partnering organizations (submitted in the RFA Application Survey)