Public health professionals
- There are no public health disease control measures for IPD.
- Contact investigation is not required.
- For Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties, no follow-up is needed.
- For counties outside metro Denver, ensure the following fields in CEDRS are complete for cases under 5 years of age: Age/DOB, county, specimen collection date, specimen type, test result, hospitalization status, outcome, and vaccination history.
- Invasive bacterial disease training video.
School and child care professionals
- Notifications are not required.
- Optional pneumococcal disease notification letter for schools and child care.