- HDCGP Tracking Sheet: A tool for grantees to use to track work prior to entering it into the reporting system.
- Partnership Inventory Sheet: A tool for grantees to use to track project partners.
- Community Engagement Classification Guidance and Community Engagement Decision Tree: Use to help facilitate categorization involving the Community Engagement Spectrum.
The CCPD and HD Grant Programs are contracting with the Center for Public Health Practice to provide training and technical assistance. View the list of curated resources.
CCPD and HDGP Grantee Kick-off Meeting: A Time to Learn, Build, Share and Connect
Use the link above to access the materials and resources shared during the meeting. This meeting served as an opportunity for FY19 grantees of CDPHE's CCPD and HDGP to come together to learn, build, share, and connect. Grantees had the opportunity to meet face-to-face with CDPHE staff, technical assistance providers, evaluators and other grantees.
May 13, 2020: Two Topics: Understanding the Differences between Advocacy and Lobbying and Community-Led Budgeting
Use the link above to watch the recording. The presentation on Advocacy vs. Lobbying will help grantees understand what types of activities are allowable under the HDGP statue. The presentation on Community-led Budgeting will cover: the purpose, the process, how the process in facilitated, how the community is trained, how the budget is managed, and lessons learned.
Understanding the Difference between Advocacy and Lobbying
- An online module on Policy, Systems and Environmental Change. Learners will practice distinguishing between advocacy and lobbying - and will learn what a crucial role policy plays in protecting public health. More Info & Register Here.
- Road Map to Passing Ballot Measures in Colorado
- Public Policy Advocacy
- Effective Advocacy Strategies for Influencing Government Nutrition Policy: A Conceptual Model
- Policy, Systems and Environmental Change Resource Guide
- Bolder Advocacy | Amplify Your Voice: Lobbying Dos and Don'ts
- Nonprofit Advocacy 101: Lobbying, Political Activity & IRS Rules for 501(c)(3)s
November 13, 2019: FY20 Policy, Systems & Environmental Change Trainings
Use the link above to watch the recording. This presentation will cover the suite of trainings for HDGP grantees related to policy, systems and environmental change with live training dates and on-demand training launches.
Resource: Presentation slides
February 13, 2019: Recognizing Power, Strategies for Authentic Engagement to Advance Equity
Use the link above to watch the recording. This presentation will cover the basics of equity and inclusion, and discuss ways to form meaningful partnerships with community that recognize their power, knowledge and expertise.
Resource: Authentic Community Engagement to Advance Equity Sweet Tool
November 14, 2018: Collective Capacity Building Tool
Use the link above to watch the recording. The Collective Capacity Building Tool (CCBT) supports community-engaged projects in joint planning and shared decision-making to help advance community engagement and health equity efforts and goals.
Resources: CCBT slides, CCBT tool, and suggestions on how to use the CCBT tool
- Cesiah Guadarrama Trejo - Senior Housing Organizer, Colorado 9-5
- Allison Neswood - Deputy Director of Strategic Priorities, Colorado Center for Law and Policy
- Katie Kleinhesselink - Teaches a course on Community Organizing at University of Denver
- Jim Freeman - Civil Rights Lawyer, Founder and Executive Director of the Grassroots Action Support Team, and leads the Social Movement Support Lab